Many businesses have closed and reopened with time to change their set up. Throughout the closures, we continued providing excellent care to our patients. Some of the changes we have put in place include;
Community Care Nursing Services, Inc. (CCNS) and its affiliates are working tirelessly to ensure quality care is delivered to our patients in a safe, effective manner during the novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). Although many businesses closed in order to respond to this heath threat, CCNS has continued to provide excellent care in a safe manner while avoiding interruption of services. We are keeping abreast of potential hotspots within Maryland, DC, and Virginia as well as following the CDC’s guidelines to stop the transmission and spread of this virus.
Our management team has put in place measures to protect our patients, their families, and our team of professionals.
We have taken the following steps within our administrative office:
- Offices are disinfected daily,
- Visitors are limited to appointment only,
- Sneeze guards have been added for additional protection,
- We require all individuals to wear a mask prior to entering our building, and
- Wear masks for the duration of his or her visit.
We have instructed our direct care providers (i.e. RNs, LPNs, CNAs, IEPs) to:
- Increase handwashing of our staff,
- Mandatory use of PPE (i.e. masks) for the duration of all assigned shifts,
- Check their temperatures one hour prior to the beginning of his or her shift (required), and reporting higher than normal temperatures, and
- Callout if they are not feeling well (required).
We have asked our patients and their families to:
- Report any family member in the home with illness,
- Report if anyone came in contact with an individual who tested positive with COVID-19,
- Disinfect surfaces in their homes,
- Wear a mask if they are sick, and
- Limit visitors to their homes while the “stay at home orders” are in place.
At Community Care Nursing Services, Inc. we feel that everyone must do their part to minimize the spread and transmission of COVID-19. For more information, please feel free to contact a Community Care Nursing Services, Inc. representative at 410-665-7566 or visit the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov.